A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

signs of spring - first day

This is the first day of spring.  It is also the first day that I am posting without a sunrise outing.  Who makes the rules here anyway?  My commitment to the occasional sunrise will continue, but my outpourings may arise now and then even after sleeping in.

Signs of spring today:


  • the pond is ice free for the first time

  • a pair of mallards wasted no time, and have moved in


  • a mosquito bit my arm
  • windows and doors are staying open
  • children whining indoors are audible outdoors
  • the smell of barbecue wafted through the evening air
  • kids are outside playing
  • I cleaned up about 100 dog poops

  • it's almost 6:00, and it's light, and it's warm, and I'm sweating
  • I pulled out a chair from the garage and sat in the sun
  • I put up a hammock
  • the dogs don't want to come inside
  • people's legs and arms are visible again 
  • Kate is back in the water






Big day.

3 comments:

  1. MOM. No one wants to look at a wheelbarrow filled with dog poop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you talking about? I LOVE poop wheelbarrows...

      Also, Mom- it's nice to see the yard in a different light now and then-- feel free to sleep in all you want! (and get up early all you want too) :)

      Delete
  2. A giant pile of dried-up, months-old dog poops. Brilliant photography. It's like visual poetry.

    ReplyDelete