A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

moonrise, moonset

sunrise:  6:11



Last night I watched the full moon rise out of a cloud over our neighbors' house.  A golden sliver of glow emerged and resolved into that perfect lunar globe of light - so beautiful.  I was in need of some sky beauty, having just crawled through one of those days where I felt shackled in a paralysis of apathy.   Knowing that the full moon sets in the morning, right around sunrise, I decided I would get up and say goodbye to the moon today.

Even when a glorious sunny day is in store, the Penobscot River, just to the east of our property, often creates a ribbon of fog in the morning which creeps up into bordering fields like ours.  The sunrise wasn't visible, but I got some great shots of the morning moon, sinking out of my view as it rises over someone else's eastern horizon, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.

Capturing the moon on film has always been a challenge for me, but it's a labor of love.  The moon captivates me.  Sometimes the best photos of the moon (and the sun) are photos of its reflection, which proved true today.












































1 comment:

  1. There are some really great shots in this one! I especially love the wide shot with Guster in a foggy field...

    ReplyDelete