A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Virginia birthday sunrise / three nudges

For a very beautiful sunrise photo taken on January 4th in Virginia, my thanks go to Aunt Gerry.  And Happy Birthday!




Ostensibly, now that "a year of getting up to meet the day" has run its course, one of my top priorities should be getting back to full time work on my book - the story of the life of Rachel Field.  I have been working... working on columns for my new newspaper job, working on being a hostess to two guests (one is a surprise visitor from Panama) and working on creating daily lists that fill all my time. 

Sometimes life seems to send you little nudges.  In the last week I received three.

1. Last week a Maine author heard about my work and sent me a wonderful article about Rachel Field from 1998, one I had not seen before. 

2. I received a strange email today - inexplicably delayed for 14 months!! - from the friend who put me up near Stockbridge, Mass, Rachel Field's childhood home, when I was there to do research.

3. Also today, I received an email from the curator of the Stockbridge library inviting me to be a guest speaker next summer, to talk about my work on Rachel's story.

Time to take the hint and get back at it.  Maybe a couple of sunrise excursions would help...

No comments:

Post a Comment