A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Friday, January 20, 2012

a little color for January blahs

sunrise:  7:06



It happened gradually - the slow, creeping in of old bad habits.  Just over a year after my 365 sunrise completion, I am finding myself lingering under the covers until the sun is long up...nine o'clock...ten o'clock.  As an occasional anomaly it may be okay, but as a habit it is deadly.  Apathy settles in.  The idle mind gets preoccupied with unproductive meanderings...

It was time to get up.

It seems that I don't often hit the finest mornings for my more selective sunrise outings, but no matter.  Getting up and out is the point.  Right now the light snow has turned into a heavy snow outside my window, which actually has a beauty all its own.

Two things helped to lighten up the day:  exuberant dogs, and unexpected beauty.

How can I remain lethargic in the face of Kate's ever-ready, joyful energy?




and they humble me, with my hopelessly insufficient sensory ability.  The three of them found something to sniff here that caught their attention like a fire alarm





And a bit of winter color is a lovely thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment