A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Good morning!" "Good day!" "Good year!"







Most of the people who read this blog have already seen my New Year's column, but for those who haven't, here is the link:




Reflections At the Turning of the Year

Despite a string of late, late nights spilling into the early morning hours, I woke up with the pre-dawn light on this first day of 2012. For a while I tried to ignore the outdoors, then a beam of sunlight snuck into my bedroom and insisted that I get up.





In our predictably unpredictable climate, we had a white Thanksgiving and an earth-toned New Year's.  But there is still ice on the pond to distinguish this day from November.






It is fun to stay up late celebrating, but really, getting outdoors in the morning is a much better way to feel good about the future.

I wish you all a good morning, a good day, and a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment