A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Friday, December 2, 2011

sunrise at the end of november



Just a quick post to share some photos --

These are from November 30th.  The snow is gone; the pond has unfrozen, but it has a strangely thick and wobbly surface on ice cold mornings, almost like it's beginning to gel.  Could be my imagination at work...





I can't believe it has been almost a year since I completed my "year of getting up to meet the day."  Time barrels along, and I wonder why I haven't accomplished more.  Still - I've written 56 weekly columns.  Not too bad.

Now I just have to get that book in higher gear.  Rachel Field's life is moving forward on the page, but I wish it would emerge more quickly!




Happy December to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment