A continuation of the journey that began on January 1, 2010, recorded in "a year of getting up to meet the day." After 365 consecutive sunrise outings in that year, I couldn't bear to give up the dawn. This blog (no longer daily) will be informed and inspired by the rising light of the morning sun.

IN ADDITION TO PUBLISHING MY OWN POSTS, I INVITE READERS TO SEND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

winter blahs edition

sunrise:  6:37



Sometimes I slide into a bit of a doldrum this time of year.  This morning's sunrise reminded me a bit of what it can be like when one is feeling low.  You know that there is something good out there, behind the clouds.  You might even see a tiny glimmer of it, as if through a crack in a wall.  But the full power of the glorious glow is obstructed.

Still - there are always bits of beauty to be found.  I love the geometric patterns that form from ice and snow on rolling landscapes.




My very kind editor allowed me leeway to write about something different this week.  So I was indulged in exploratory exposition about how to beat the winter blahs.  As of tomorrow some time, you can link to it on my BDN webpage...

http://bangordailynews.com/author/robin-clifford-wood/

And a little humor can help to weather the storm.  I love this post on Hyperbole and a Half, which takes an extraordinarily realistic and riotous look at "Adventures in Depression."

No comments:

Post a Comment